contact us Contact Us Today! call us Contact Us Now!


When Should I Report My Work Related Injuries? 

You should report your workplace injuries as soon as possible after you receive medical treatment. Also, notify your employer about your injury and place this information in writing. If you need to undergo medical treatment you must explain to your employer the basic facts regarding your employment injury. 

With some injuries, symptoms may not appear until weeks or months after the initial injury. You need to notify your employer within 14 days of suffering any kind of workplace injury. Workers’ compensation in the United States is a no-fault system. You do not have to accumulate documentary evidence to create a case. When you experience an injury during a workplace accident you should notify your employer and seek medical treatment. 

How Must I Tell My Employer That I Suffered A Workplace Injury? 

You should report your injury to your direct supervisor in writing or verbally. It is not required that you notify your employer of your injury in writing, but it is better to set forth your notification in writing. Oftentimes, an employer will provide you with paperwork to complete when you report your injury. You may be asked to articulate in writing how your injury occurred. 

If an employer is not willing to file a workers’ compensation claim you can go directly to the Workers’ Compensation Division. 

How Long Do I Have To File My Workers’ Compensation Claim? 

The time limit is two years from the date of the injury for filing a workers’ compensation claim. As soon as you suffer injury the statute of limitations begins running. If the workers’ compensation claim is related to a long term medical condition then the report must be filed within two years of the employee learning that the medical condition was connected to their employment. 

Which Benefits Can I Claim As Part Of My Workers’ Compensation Claim? 

All medical treatments, procedures, and office visits are benefits you can receive under workers’ compensation. Workers’ compensation will also provide you with your wages that you would normally receive from your employer. Temporary and permanent disability payments are also available to employees who suffer workplace injuries. Benefits paid to the survivor’s benefits and a stipend for funeral expenses are also available under workers’ compensation. 

Contact A Workers’ Compensation Lawyer In New York Today 

The legal team at Hurwitz, Whitcher, & Molloy, LLP is here to help you receive the financial compensation you deserve. You can exercise your rights under the law when you experience workplace injuries. Contact Hurwitz, Whitcher, & Molloy, LLP today to learn more about the legal services we offer. 

If you need to speak with a workers’ compensation lawyer in New York you should schedule a free consultation with the lawyers at Hurwitz, Whitcher, & Molloy, LLP. When you suffer a workplace injury you can experience wage loss, exorbitant medical bills, and surgeries. If the harm you suffered is not extreme you still need to retain a workers’ compensation lawyer so you receive the financial assistance you deserve. 

Contact Hurwitz, Whitcher, & Molly, LLP today to schedule a free consultation. You can speak with an experienced workers’ compensation lawyer and learn more about the legal services we offer. 

Back to Blog

Client Testimonials

As a disabled claimant, I can’t thank Hurwitz, Whitcher & Molloy enough for guiding me through these past fourteen years. No one else wanted my Workers’ Compensation case. No one! It was complicated. There were a lot of issues that made things difficult. They stuck with it well over a decade with preparedness, intelligence and grace. Mister Melvyn, he’s a good guy. Cathy, she’s so amazing.

- Salli B.

I became a client of the Hurwitz firm in May of 1997 due to injuries I received while I was a meat cutter at I. Isenberg Meats in Buffalo, New York. Since my first encounter with your firm and up until the present day, I have been entirely satisfied with the way your firm has treated me.

- William C.

Thank you for all you do throughout the year. I know I’m in the hands of the best compensation lawyers who really care!! God bless you all.

- Michelle A.

If you are injured at work and need a workers’ comp attorney, you need Hurwitz, Whitcher & Molloy. They are the ‘King Pins’ of all comp attorneys. You will be taken care of every step of the way. I am a very satisfied client!

- Richard B.